Advertisement THE Vice-Chair of the Education and Social Protection Committee, Aodhán Ó Ríordáin TD, in conjunction with the Members of the Joint Committee, is compiling a report on the prohibitive costs for parents sending their children to primary and secondary school and they want the public’s say and submissions in what it takes and costs to fund school attendance. Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up The report is focusing on the areas of books, school uniforms and voluntary contributions, and hearings have already taken place at committee level.Submissions are now invited from members of the public who have an interest in this area as to how this issue may be effectively addressed.Deputy Ó Ríordáin says: “A recent survey of parents, carried out on behalf of the National Consumer Agency, estimates back to school costs at 487 for primary school children and 620 for those attending secondary school. Almost 80 percent of parents are more concerned about the costs this year than they were last year.At a time when families are increasingly squeezed, our Committee is intent on exploring all options to minimise back to school costs. Submissions received from the public will afford the Committee an opportunity to assess any practical steps that can be taken to reduce the cost of equipping children for school at primary and secondary levels.The deadline for receipt of submissions is Friday 15 March 2013.For more information and to make a submission view: http://bit.ly/W0nKRY Facebook Previous articleMacklin issues May Day call to LeeNext articleLimerick glory at Munster Schools Cross Country Championship admin WhatsApp Twitter Linkedin Email Print NewsLocal NewsManaging Back to School Costs – public submissions soughtBy admin – February 11, 2013 509
Photo: CDCALBANY – New York State’s Governor announced a new mandate Wednesday that requires open businesses to have 50 percent of its workforce work from home.The announcement by Governor Andrew Cuomo comes as the number of novel Coronavirus cases continue to grow in New York.The executive order exempts essential service industries, including shipping, media, warehousing, grocery and food production, pharmacies, healthcare providers, utilities, banks and related financial institutions, and other industries critical to the supply chain. “We are fighting a war against this pandemic and we know that two of the most effective ways to stop it is by reducing density and increasing our hospital capacity so our healthcare system is not overwhelmed,” Governor Cuomo said. “The deployment of the USNS Comfort to New York is an extraordinary but necessary step to help ensure our state has the capacity to handle an influx of patients with COVID-19 and continue our efforts to contain the virus. Partnering with the private sector to require nonessential employees to work from home will also go a long way toward bending the curve. My number one priority is protecting the public health so that a wave of new cases doesn’t crash our hospital system, and we will continue taking any action necessary to achieve that goal.” The Governor confirmed 1,008 additional cases of novel coronavirus, bringing the statewide total to 2,382 confirmed cases in New York State.Meanwhile in Washington, D.C., President Donald Trump announced Wednesday that he will invoke a federal provision that allows the government to marshal the private sector in response to the coronavirus pandemic.Trump said he would sign the Defense Production Act “in case we need it” as the government bolsters resources for an expected surge in cases of the virus.Trump also said he will expand the nation’s testing capacity and deploy a Navy hospital ship to New York City, which is rapidly becoming the epicenter of a pandemic that has rattled the U.S. economy and rewritten the rules of American society. A second ship will be deployed to the West Coast.The president also said the Housing and Urban Development Department will suspend foreclosures and evictions through April as a growing number of Americans face losing jobs and missing rent and mortgage payments.This is a developing story and will be updated. The Associated Press contributed to this report. Share:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window),I guess you all are going to starve with this order….farmers will not be able to work
Press Association And Clark did not disappoint, remaining on 44.0 penalties to take the £8,000 winner’s purse and a title that numbers Zara Phillips, Mary King, Pippa Funnell and current world number one Andrew Nicholson among its former holders. Teulere, eventing world champion 11 years ago, secured the runners-up spot on Matelot Du Grand Val because he finished closer to the cross-country optimum time of 10 minutes 10 seconds than Montgomery, riding Loughan Glen. Sussex-based Gemma Tattersall was the highest British finisher in fourth spot on Arctic Soul, which again underlined her promise as a potential contender for the Rio 2016 Olympics. She is currently part of British equestrian’s world-class performance programme. Clark, who rode Master Crusoe to seventh place at London 2012, conquered Blenheim just two hours after the Irish eventing team were crowned European junior champions in France. “I knew I had to go clear,” Clark said. “We’ve only had one showjumping rail down all year, but there was still pressure. “To win here means a huge amount. This mare is just at the right stage to be looking at the (2014) World Equestrian Games and then Rio.” Clark was second with Fenyas Elegance at Chatsworth International in Derbyshire earlier this year, and then eighth in the British Open, and she added: “The horse was such a star this week. “We knew she was in great form and peaking, but I couldn’t have asked for any more from her. I will go home now and crack open some bubbly!” Clark, who is based in Middle Barton, just eight miles from the scene of her first CCI three-star triumph, posted a clear showjumping round after closest challengers Jean Teulere and Clark Montgomery left no room for manoeuvre. Frenchman Teulere and American Montgomery both finished on their cross-country scores of 45.5 penalties, which meant Clark could not afford a mistake aboard nine-year-old chestnut mare Fenyas Elegance. Irish Olympian Aoife Clark held her nerve under intense pressure to win the Fidelity Blenheim Palace International Horse Trials in Oxfordshire.
New Delhi: National record holder Dutee Chand became the first Indian woman track and field athlete to clinch a gold medal in the World Universiade after she won the 100m dash event here. The 23-year-old Dutee clocked 11.32 seconds to win the gold as she led the race from start to finish.Running at lane number 4, Dutee was the first one out of the eight athletes to blast off the starting blocks and she made most of it to fend of a late challenge from Del Ponte (11.33) of Switzerland. Lisa KwaYie of Germany took the bronze in 11.39 seconds in the race run past midnight Indian time on Tuesday.The Odisha runner, whose national record stands at 11.24 seconds, thus became the first Indian to win a 100m gold in a global event. She has now become only the second Indian sprinter to win a gold in a global event after Hima Das, who clinched the top spot in 400m in the World Junior Athletics Championships last year.Dutee, who had a silver each in 100m and 200m in the 2018 Asian Games, is also only the second Indian track and field athlete to win a gold in the World Universiade. Inderjeet Singh had clinched the top spot in men’s shot put event in the 2015 edition.After winning the race, Dutee, who recently admitted to having a relationship with a girl, tweeted: “Pull me down, I will come back stronger!”She further added: “With years of hardwork and your blessings, I have yet again broken the record by winning the Gold in 100m dash in 11.32 seconds at The World University Games, Napoli. In the pictures (picture of all three medal winners), are the winners too, with a heart of Gold from Germany and Sweden.Earlier on Tuesday, Dutee qualified for the final with a time of 11.41 seconds in the semifinal, which had made her the first Indian sprinter to make it to the final of World Universiade.On Monday, she had advanced to the semifinals from the heats with a time of 11.58 seconds.Dutee has a season best of 11.26 seconds in 100m, recorded in the Doha Asian Championships in April. She could not reach the semifinals in the previous edition of the World University Games in Taipei City in 2017, where Sanjivani Jadhav had won a silver in women’s 10000m race.Dutee is a student at Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, a deemed university in Bhubaneswar. She is yet to qualify for the World Championships to be held in Doha in September-October.President Ram Nath Kovind congratulated Dutee on her feat.”Congratulations @DuteeChand for winning the 100m sprint at the Universiade, the World University Games, in Naples. This is India’s first such gold and a moment of immense pride for our country. Please keep up the effort, and look to greater glory at the Olympics,” the President tweeted.Dutee replied to the President’s tweet, saying: “Thank you, sir. I will try my best to bring Olympics Gold Medal home. Once again, many thanks for your blessings.” For all the Latest Sports News News, Other Sports News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.